Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Princess Cake











I made this cake Saturday - well, not really, I shopped Thursday, baked & frosted it Friday and assembled it Saturday before we had to get it to the party at 5. It was so much fun! My friend Kim gave me a beautiful, elegant castle cake set for Christmas and I can't wait to use it but I didn't get to this time. This time the little girls mother bought the Disney Princess kit from Tom Thumb for $20. She couldn't believe (& at the time I couldn't either) that they wanted to charge her another $90 or so for the actual cake so I did it for her instead for less...I won't say how much, because it was a LOT of work & I probably wouldn't do it again for less than $100 total :) I don't think that's bad though - we got at least 50 slices out of it & hey, it's just so freaking pretty! I also had leftover batter & made 20 or so mini cupcakes with milk chocolate frosting & really cute details like flowers, polka dots & sprinkles. I have pictures of those too, and the birthday girl with the cake, I'm just having trouble getting those pics off the camera at the moment...haha! So let me know what you think & what you would pay for it so I know what to charge non-family for it if I ever get to do it again!

3 comments:

  1. You know I love this cake!! What to charge?? Hum, I don't know, but if Tom Thumb was going to charge 20 for the decorations and then another 90 for the cake, I'd say 100 is pretty fair. (Not to mention, your cakes are way better then theirs and they have a very limited choice of flavors.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is seriously the COOLEST cake EVER! That is excatly the cake that I want for my next birthday (yes, eventhough I will be 27!) You are amazing!! Do you know, I've never had the opportunity to try one of your cakes?! Isn't that a crying shame! I think so!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi sweet thing. That is the funnest cake! GO SAM!!!! I totally think $100 is fair - more than fair. People spend a buttload (thank you, Belinda, for that word) of money of their kids - and that is a lot of work!!! So $100 is it!
    LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete